How to Apply
Applicants should have completed or be in the last semester of their Masters of Public Administration/Public Policy degree coursework.
Complete and submit the electronic application. Please remember to follow the directions and attach the following supplementary materials:
- A cover letter stating interest and intent;
- A current resume including education, universities attended, degree awarded and completion dates;
- Scanned or an electronic copy of your official undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- A response to the writing prompt detailed in the application (approximately two pages in length); and
- Three references with daytime phone numbers.
All applications must be received by
February 1, 2017.
Complete and submit the electronic application
The Management Fellowship selection is completed in three rounds.
First, applications will be due
February 1, 2017. A pool of semifinalists will be selected based upon the individual's application and supplemental materials.
The semifinalists will then be invited to participate in a video conference interview. The selection committee will then choose four to six finalists who will be invited to in-person interviews in Wichita.
City staff members will contact finalists to arrange interviews and provide additional information regarding travel arrangements and accomodations. The final round of interviews is tentatively scheduled for
March 9, 2017 at City Hall with the expectation that the new Fellows will begin on
June 5, 2017.