Automated Clearing House (ACH)
Payments made by the City can now be received electronically by your financial institution and deposited directly to your bank account. The ACH system is a nationwide payment and collection system that is used for the settlement of electronic debits and credits between financial institutions. The ACH system distributes and settles transactions quickly, accurately, and inexpensively. Payment by ACH offers a low-cost alternative to paper checks, providing the following benefits to both you and the City:
- Eliminates paper check handling;
- Reduces operating costs;
- Improves funds availability
- Offers excellent cash flow forecasting;
- Renders more reliable and faster posting of funds;
- Allows for the tracing of payments;
- Eliminates lost or stolen checks;
- Simplifies bank reconciliation.
Enroll to receive ACH payments by performing the following steps:
- Complete the Payee portion of the attached ACH Payment Enrollment Form.
- Then send the form to your financial institution for their required information and authorization.
- Finally, forward the completed form (by mail) to the Controller's Office (at the address on the enrollment form), or fax the completed form to (316) 219-6308.
ACH Payment Enrollment Form
It is critical that the City of Wichita be notified of any bank account changes. Failure to notify the City of bank charges may result in your payment being delayed.