Dates Fireworks May be Sold
Fireworks may be sold from June 27 - July 4.
For the 2023 year, aerial fireworks will not be sold in Wichita city limits.
Shooting fireworks is allowed from 10am to midnight.
In 2023, aerial fireworks are allowed to be shot off July 1-4.
This year (2023), aerial fireworks will be allowed to be shot off within Wichita city limits from July 1-4 from 10am to midnight. All non-aerial fireworks are allowed to be shot off from June 27 - July 4.
2022 Wholesale Approved Fireworks2022 WAZ UP Approved Fireworks
Firework Safety Tips
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks
- Older children should use fireworks only under close adult supervision
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear
- Never hold lighted fireworks in your hands
- Never light them indoors
- Only use them away from people, houses and flammable material
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person
- Only light one device at a time and maintain a safe distance after lighting
- Never ignite devices in a container
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks
- Soak both spent and unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don't go off or in case of fire
- First time violations will result in a $1,000 fine and/or 50 community service hours, plus court fines.
- Second time violations will result in a $1,500 fine.
- Third time violations will result in a $2,000 fine.
- Wichita firefighters and Wichita police officers will be patrolling throughout firework season.
- From June 30 to July 5, residents can make firework-related nuisance reports from 6pm - 3am at the non-emergency number, (316) 290-1011.
- Adults can be cited for juveniles violating the ordinance.
- Property owners/occupants will be held responsible for violations of the ordinance on their property.
- There will be increased enforcement focused on writing citations for violations and confiscating illegal fireworks.
- Aerial fireworks can only be shot on July 1 through 4, from 10am to midnight. Outside of these dates and times, citations will be issued.
- Safe and Sane fireworks do not exceed 15' in height and can only be shot on June 27 through July 4, from 10am to midnight. Outside of these dates and times, citations will be issued.