Recreation Centers offer a varity of classes, special events and organizations in your neighborhood. Join the fun and meet your neighbors.
A variety of classes are offered for Adults, Youth and Tots including: fitness, cooking, martial arts, home improvement, sports, dance and music - just to name a few.
There are great opportunities waiting for you through Park and Recreation! View current season's Activities Guide and Register Online for classes.
Wichita Park and Recreation offers:
- 4,347 acres of parks and greenways
- 2,407 acres of rights-of-way (medians, highways, arterials and boulevards)
- 8 recreation centers
- 9 swimming pools
- 52 athletic fields
- 5 golf courses
- 6 interactive fountains
- Numerous adult & youth-based activities & athletics programs
- Indoor & outdoor facilities for rental to public and private groups
- A broad range of recreation classes
- Athletic programs
- Special event opportunities
- Formal banquet and reception sites are also available at Botanica, The Wichita Gardens (316-264-0448).
For information, reservations, and registration in any Park and Recreation program, call (316) 268-4361.
Interested in volunteering opportunities with the Park and Recreation Department? Check out our volunteer registration form and contact us at 268-4361!
Power boats, including personal watercraft (jet skis or water bikes), must obtain a daily permit (Fee: $7.50) prior to using the river and boat ramp. Permits must be in the possession of the boat operator at all times.
Daily Power Boat Permits are issued according to the posted schedule and must be obtained through the Wichita Park and Recreation Office located at City Hall, 455 N. Main, 11th Floor, Phone: 268-4361.
Permits are issued for a specific boat and specific day and are non-transferable. Upon a signal or request from an occupant of a duly marked police boat, a uniformed officer on the bank, or from any duly appointed representative of the Department of Park and Recreation, all watercraft shall immediately dock at the nearest bank indicated.