Mr. Meitzner is a lifelong resident of Wichita who attended Kapaun Mt. Carmel Catholic High School before graduating from Wichita State University. Pete was employed with the banking industry in Wichita for thirteen years before venturing into the world of entrepreneurship when he started a telecom company that eventually went public. He continues to remain in the telecom industry.
Pete’s experience with budgeting, and his knowledge of the community is necessary for keeping our City moving in a positive and responsible direction. His previous business experience allows him to work closely with numerous State, County, and City governments all over the United States, and has provided him firsthand knowledge and insight on various ways for effectively running a city.
Mr. Meitzner is committed to helping Wichita become an even greater city to live and work. He plans to expand his ability to serve our community and make a positive impact on our city and its residents.
Pete is married to his wife of 33 years, Suzi Meitzner, and they have two children, a son and a daughter.
Mr. Meitzner is a successful businessman with conservative values who remains active in his church, our schools, and the Wichita community. One of his greatest passions is serving at The Lord’s Diner.
In addition to serving as a Council Member, Mr. Meitzner also serves, or has served, with the following:
- REAP Board of Directors
- Wichita Area Metropolitan Planning Organization – Executive Committee
- Sedgwick County Technical Education and Training Authority Board of Trustees (that includes the Wichita Area Technical College and the National Center for Aviation Training)
- National Baseball Congress
- Wichita Employee Council
- BREG Committee - Blueprint for Economic Growth
- Cerebral Palsy Resource Foundation
- Appointed by the Kansas Governor to serve on the Midwest Interstate Passenger Rail Commission
- President of The Lord’s Diner Advisory Board
Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Economics – Wichita State University