Council Member Jeff Blubaugh
Mr. Blubaugh is a native Kansan born and raised in Harper County. Like most who grow up in rural towns, Jeff’s work ethic and experience began at a young age in agriculture. By high school he transitioned into manufacturing. After graduating from Chaparral High School, he moved to Wichita to work for Cessna and continued his education at night; Jeff has now lived in the city of Wichita for over 20 years.
While working for Cessna Aircraft Company, Jeff received a Bachelor’s of Science in Business and Master of Science in Management from Friends University. His education took him from sales, to marketing, to customer satisfaction management. Along the way, he enhanced his degrees with the Growth Leadership Development program from Fisher School of Business at The Ohio State University and is a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt in Lean Management and Strategic Facilitation Training.
In 2009 when the recession hit, Jeff’s 17 year career at Cessna ended. He went on to real estate where he is currently a broker at Keller Williams Hometown Partners and one of the Blues Brothers Real Estate Team. Jeff used his experience and knowledge to build a successful career in residential real estate and is a residential home investor.
Jeff is married to wife, Meghan. They have four children. Son Hayden, 14, daughter Avery, 7, son Samuel, 4 and daughter Harper born in 2014.
Mr. Blubaugh was elected to serve a 4-year term as Council Member for District 4 in Wichita, Kansas in 2013. In April of 2014, he was elected by the City Council to serve one year as Vice Mayor. As Council Member for District 4, Jeff’s education and career experience will ensure he makes sound financial decisions that will benefit both the City of Wichita and its residents.
Voters elected him to the Goddard School Board in 2011 where he was bestowed the Leadership Academy Award from Kansas Association of School Boards during his time of service.
In addition to serving as a Council Member, Mr. Blubaugh also serves with the following:
· Lions Club International
· Goddard Chamber of Commerce and Wichita Chamber of Commerce
· Goddard Junior Football Coach and Board of Directors for little league football
· Charity Auctioneer
· Wichita Children’s Home volunteer
· Volunteer for Lord’s Diner – meals for those in need
· Member and fundraiser for Church of the Holy Spirit
· Goddard High School & Elementary School Site Council Member
· Board Member for: the Greater Wichita Economic Development Corporation; YMCA South Branch; Greater Wichita Area Sports Commission; Wichita Metropolitan Planning Organization
· Serves on the Goddard Booster Club, Southern Ridge Home Owners Association Board, and Habitat for Humanity
· Masters of Science in Management – Friends University
· Bachelor of Science in Business – Friends University
· Growth Leadership Development Fisher School of Business – Ohio State University
· Textron Certified Six Sigma Black Belt-Lean Management
· Leadership Academy Award from Kansas Association of School Boards
· Kansas House of Representatives Award for saving over 100 homeowners from foreclosure
· Real Estate Rookie of the Year – 2003
· Masters and Presidents Club Awards from Wichita Association of Realtors