Welcome to the City of Wichita Office of Community Engagement web page!
We have created this page for your use as a resource to your city. We hope you, your family and your neighborhood can find the answer to any question you may have. If you need further help feel free to contact your Community Liaison or myself.
If you would like to receive weekly updates with information about your District, your City, construction projects and Environmental Court cases, please contact your District Community Liaison to sign up today!
Have a wonderful day in Wichita!
Office of Community Engagement Supervisor
Office of Community Engagement Mission
The Office of Community Engagement will institutionalize a culture of improved community engagement practices that serve both City government and community needs while simultaneously building trust and meaningful partnerships with community stakeholders.
Build capacity in neighborhoods and communities
- Assist with the development and implementation of neighborhood improvement plans
- Increase revitalization efforts
- Support the efforts to revitalize and form Neighborhood Associations, Home Owner Associations, and Community Organizations
- Increase awareness and education in neighborhoods and communities
Improve the overall quality of life:
- Empower citizens to DO MORE in their neighborhoods and communities
- Provide access to City/social services
- Provide opportunities for public involvement
Increase the engagement of citizens:
- Create partnerships (community-government)
- Develop neighborhood and community based programs
- Assist with special projects
- Attend and host community enagment meetings