City Hall will be closed Monday, February 20. For more information on other City facilities, read the press release
Description of duties and responsibilities of the City Clerk:
- The City Clerk is responsible for attending all meetings of the City Council, keeping a true record of its proceedings, and of official acts and, when necessary, shall attest to them.
- The City Clerk keeps and preserves, in the Clerk's Office, the corporate seal of the City, all records, public papers and documents of the City not belonging to any other officer.
- The City Clerk is authorized to administer oaths; and copies of all papers filed in the Clerk's Office, and transcripts from the records of the proceedings of the City Council, including ordinances duly certified by the Clerk under the corporate seal of the City, shall be taken as evidence in all courts of the State without further proof.
- The City Clerk performs such other duties as is prescribed by Ordinance or State Statute.
- Supervises the biannual revision of the Code of the City of Wichita.
- Supervises, and coordinates with the Sedgwick County Election Commission, the City elections.
- Secretary, Ex-officio, to the City Council.
- Secretary, Ex-officio, to the Board of Bids.
- Receives research requests and furnishes documents and information requested.
- Coordinates and oversees legal publications.
- Responsible for Deeds, Bonds, and Insurance for the City.
- Processes all paper work subsequent to the City Council meetings for execution and filing.
- Responsible for Clerk's division budget preparation and coordination.
- Responsible for maintenance and supervision of the records system for the City.
- Oversees preparation of the City Council Agenda for the City Council meetings.
- Coordinates and supervises the work of employees in the City Clerk/Records Division.
- Provides information to the public and City offices by phone and in person.
455 N Main - 13th Floor
Wichita, KS 67202
8 AM - 5 PM
Monday - Friday