If you have been charged with Driving While Suspended, you may be eligible for consideration for the City of Wichita Driving While Suspended Diversion Program ONLY IF:
- In the prior seven years, you have NOT: been convicted of Driving While Suspended, nor had a Driving While Suspended charge amended in this or any other municipality, nor previously participated in a Diversion for Driving While Suspended all within the last seven years.
- Your Driving While Suspended Charge is the result of failure to pay fines and/or failure to obtain liability insurance without an accident. If your license has been suspended for any other reason, you are not eligible for diversion.
- You have current liability insurance
- Your citation did not result in or arise out of an injury accident. Non-injury accident with valid insurance at the time of the accident will be considered for diversion.
- Those with Commerical Driver's License are not eligible for diversion.
- The following citations are NOT ELIGIBLE for diversion: No proof of Insurance, Hit and Run, Failure to Report an Accident, Failure to Yield to Emergency Equipment, Exhibition of Speed, Reckless Driving and citations involving more than four (4) violations.
You MUST apply for Diversion within thirty (30) days after the issuance of your citation and pay the $25.00 non-refundable application fee and answer completely all questions on the application. Failure to do so will result in denial of your application or delay in the court date.
Please make check payable to Municipal Court Clerk.
Application forms and detailed information sheets are available in the Municipal Court Clerk's Office, 2nd floor, City Hall, 455 N. Main, Wichita, Kansas or, you may download and print the information sheet and application forms.