Land for this park was acquired in 1972 from the Urban Renewal Agency. The park is named after the late A. Price Woodard, Jr., former Mayor of Wichita. It is a multi-level park, accentuated by waterfalls, fountains, pool and an amphitheater.
The landscape design for the area ranges from semi-formal in the main plaza adjacent to Douglas Avenue and the Century II Performing Arts & Convention Center to naturalistic in those areas adjoining the river.
- Arkansas River Bicycle Path
- assembly area
- decorative water fountain
- 3 drinking fountains
- Interrupted Flight, sculpture by Harry Bertoia
- Sun Dial, sculpture designed/constructed by Jack Zavatsky
- Hardship and Dreams, life-size sculpture by Dorothy Koelling