BOARD OF PARK COMMISSIONERS
1. Review and Update the Parks, Recreation, and Open Space (PROS) Plan if necessary.
A. Continue to advance, advocate for, and participate in the development of the PROS Plan.
B. Highlight successes whenever possible with an Annual “State of Our Parks” Report for District Advisory Boards and/or Neighborhood Associations.
C. Continue to build relationships and engage citizen and advocacy groups to participate in, but not limited to Kansas Wildlife Exhibit (KWE), Aquatics and Watson Park.
D. Incorporate adopted Goody Clancy park elements into the PROS Plan.
E. Assist staff in sustainability of the Recreation programming through use of the cost recovery pyramid.
2. Sustain and support the Park Board Sub-Committees including, but not limited to Golf, Aquatics, KWE and Watson Park.
3. Continue to work on developing relationships with partners and other stakeholders.
A. Elevate the importance of the annual Park and Recreation budget and CIP submission among various groups.
1. Meet with individual City Council members about the Park budget and CIP submission.
2. Develop ways to involve the business community in supporting the budget and CIP submission.
3. Seek additional opportunities for public/private partnerships including, but not limited to school districts and the YMCA.
B. Continue leadership of City water conservation efforts as they relate to Park Department operations.
C. Seek opportunities for effective way-finding to City park, recreation and golf facilities.
4. Support the Wichita Parks Foundation and identify a Park Board member as ex-officio.
A. Actively search for grant opportunities.
B. Assist with fundraising efforts where/when opportunity exists.
C. Draft, review and present to City Council for adoption a Sponsorship Naming Policy
5. Develop Riverbank Revitalization and Advocacy.
A. Adopt revised River Ordinances.
B. Educate citizens on river access projects.
C. Advocate river development as it relates to the PROS Plan.