Victim Assistance Unit, Coordinator
Email me here
The Victim Assistance Unit of the Wichita Police Department was established in 2001. This unit is assigned to the Investigations Division - Crimes Against Persons Bureau. The mission of this unit is to provide support for the emotional, cognitive and physical needs of victims of crime. This will be accomplished through crisis intervention, direct assistance, advocacy, education, information, outsourced therapy and referrals.
ARE YOU A VICTIM OF CRIME?
- Tired of being told to get over it?
- Uncertain if what happened to you is a crime?
- Confused by the criminal justice process?
- Not sure of your options?
- Don't know what your rights are?
Kansas Crime Victims Bill of Rights (K.S.A. 74-7333)
- Want to know about victim compensation?
WE CAN HELP YOU:
- Understand the impact of crime.
- Make a safety plan
- Learn your legal rights and options.
- Connect with local victim service providers.
- Access victim compensation.
- First Response Crisis Intervention
- Elder Victims of Burglary
- Obtain a 911 cell phone
CALL US FOR INFORMATION ABOUT...
- safety planning
- emergency assistance for elderly victims
- victim compensation
- court advocacy
- crisis intervention
- support groups
CONTACT VICTIM ASSISTANCE UNIT: 316.268.4274
Download the Victims Assistance Unit Brochure
The Victim Assistance Unit does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability in the delivery of services. A person who believes s/he has been excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, subjected to discrimination under, or denied employment in connection with program or activity because of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability or has been retaliated against for engaging in protected activity may also file a complaint directly with:
Office for Civil Rights
Office of Justice Programs
U.S. Department of Justice
810 7th Steet, NW
Washington, DC 20531
The Kansas Governor’s Grants Program
900 SW Jackson
Topeka, KS 66612