City of Wichita water customers can soon go paperless and receive electronic water bills. Water customers can register for electronic billing after they receive their upcoming billing statement, which will include an enrollment token number.
To register for electronic billing, customers must visit the City’s website – www.wichita.gov – and click on the link “View and Pay My Water Bill.” Follow the steps listed under Option I and click on “Sign up to review your bill in PDF format.” Electronic billing statements are accessible at the website for a year.
Electronic billing protects natural resources by reducing the need for paper. Electronic billing accounts also save the Utilities between 26 and 43 cents on each mailed item. In 2009, the Utilities mailed approximately 1.74 million bills.
Customers have multiple options for paying water bills including:
- Mailing billing statements;
- Enrolling in an automatic-bank-draft service called E-Z Pay Plan. E-Z Pay Plan enrollment forms are available at the website at the View and Pay My Water Bill link under option 2;
- Using a credit card to pay by phone;
- Visiting City Hall Express on the first floor of City Hall, 455 N. Main and;
- Dropping off noncash payments at Dillon’s grocery store or Neighborhood City Halls.