Parking spaces set aside for library patrons during convention
The Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses will host two conventions on June 17-19 and July 1-3 that are expected to bring 3,000 to 4,000 visitors to Wichita’s Century II Performing Arts and Convention Center at 225 W. Douglas. With such a large influx of people coming downtown, parking has been set aside for Wichita Public Library patrons to ensure they have access to the facility during convention days.
The first row of parking that abuts Main Street in the metered parking lot at Main/Waterman has been designated as library parking. Drivers should identify themselves as library patrons when entering the lot. Jehovah’s Witnesses volunteers will be monitor parking areas throughout the duration of both conventions.
Approximately 1,700 downtown parking spaces are being reserved for Jehovah’s Witnesses convention attendees in these areas:
- Century II Lot B (west side of Century II)
- Century II Lot C (northwest corner of Main and Waterman)
- Century II Lot D (south of Waterman, west of WaterWalk Place)
- WaterWalk Garage (west side of Main at Lewis Street)
- Gander Mountain (second floor of parking garage and east lot under Kellogg Avenue)
- Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview (northeast corner of Waco and Douglas)
- Century Plaza (west of Main, north of Century II Drive)
The first meeting in June will be for the English-speaking members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation. The second meeting in July is reserved for its Spanish-speaking members. The conventions are free and open to the public.