Parking available at multiple sites
The Kansas 150 Festival will be taking place from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. in downtown Wichita on Saturday. The statewide 150th birthday celebration is expected to bring thousands of local and out-of-town visitors to the area for a parade, “Encampment” area with vendor booths and a concert. Free and paid parking is available at multiple sites. Reserved library parking will be located in the metered lot next to Century II Drive (west of the intersection of Main/William). Due to many street closures throughout downtown, visitors are encouraged to allow extra time for parking.
Beginning at 8 a.m., street closures will set up at:
- Main Street from 11th to Douglas
- Douglas from Main to McLean Blvd.
- McLean Blvd. from Lewis to 2nd Street
Parking is available to the north and south of Century II, where the majority of activities are centered. Parking options are listed below with more details available at www.ParkDowntown.org under the “Parking” tab.
- Lot C metered parking lot, east of Century II Expo Hall
- Surface parking lot located south of Waterman Street (across from the Hyatt’s parking garage)
- Parking garage east of the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview on Waco
- Waterwalk parking garage between Wichita Street and Water (just east of Gander Mountain)
- Parking garage to the east of Waterwalk, near the Go Wichita Convention and Visitors Bureau
Additional information about the Kansas 150 Festival is available at www.ks150.org.