City of Wichita officials on Friday said water crews worked overnight to repair numerous water main breaks and they will address others today or next week, depending on the severity of the leaks.
Crews were able to repair water main breaks or leaks at the following locations:
- Eastgate mall, which had left part of the shopping center without water;
- Hydraulic and Marion, which caused low water pressure for about 30 customers;
- S.W. Blvd. (K-42) from 2037 S.W. Drive to West Street, which left about five customers including a John Deere store without water;
- Jade Street in Oaklawn, which affected about 35 customers;
- 16th and Kansas, which affected about 25 customers;
- 12th and Main, which affected 10 customers;
- and 551 South Knight, which affected about 25 customers;
Repairs were completed earlier yesterday at:
- 3100 block of East Jonquil in Oaklawn;
- and Hemlock Street from Brookhaven to Hemlock Court, also in Oaklawn
Repairs are underway today at:
- 245 S. Glendale;
- The 3800 block of East Grail;
- The 1900 block of North Amidon;
- The 1700 block of North Mt. Carmel;
- The 2400 block of South Glendale;
- and 1001 East Waterview in Andover.
The less serious leaks will be addressed next week, Public Works & Utilities officials said.