With a busy spring break travel season approaching, Wichita Mid-Continent Airport officials are advising passengers to arrive at least an hour and a half to two hours before departure time, particularly if the flight is between 6 and 7 a.m. The busiest days are expected to be Friday, March 14 through Monday, March 17, as well as next weekend when travelers return. Following are travel tips:
Arrive early; the checkpoint opens at 4 a.m.;
- Check your flight online up to 24 hours before departure;
- Use the Park & Ride lot; cost is just $6/day;
- To pick up passengers, use the cell phone lot just south of the Park & Ride lot;
- If you are a TSA Pre-Check passenger, proceed to the Pre-Check lane at Security Checkpoint.
- Do not remove shoes at the security checkpoint if you are 75 or older or 12 years and younger;
- Present your government-issued photo identification ready at Security Checkpoint;
- Be ready to remove coats, take off shoes, hand over laptops and 3-1-1 bags (unless you are in pre-check)
- Board at the gate at least 30 minutes before departure;
- Be aware that airline ticket counters close 30 minutes before departure;
- Visit your airlines’ websites for rules regarding carry-on luggage;
- Report suspicious activity to airport or airline officials or local law enforcement;
- Visit www.flywichita.com for helpful airport information and for updated flight status.