Wichita Land Bank Mission Statement
The Wichita Land Bank (WLB) will promote the revitalization of neighborhoods consistent with the
Wichita: Places for People plan, through management and transfer of properties that are deemed underutilized.
Land Bank Information
The State of Kansas allows for a land bank to be formed by local governments by adoption of an ordinance (K.S.A. 12‐5902). The State of Kansas also requires that a board of trustees govern the land bank. In May 2021, the City Council authorized the creation of the creation of the WLB.
WLB Board of Trustees
In November 2021, the WLB Board of Trustees met for the first time. The WLB Board of Trustees typically meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 1:30 pm, unless there is a conflict or a request to reschedule. The meetings are hybrid- in person in the City Hall Board Room, as well as offered virtually via Microsoft Teams. The meetings are subject to the Kansas Open Meetings Act. Meeting details and a link to connect virtually will be updated here monthly. Find a listing of current Trustees below:
- District 1: Valencia Kaye Monk-Morgan
- District 2: Wesley Galyon
- District 3: Gary D Schmitt, Chair
- District 4: Jerrome D Castillo
- District 5: Marvin Schellenberg, Vice-Chair
- District 6: Alex Ibarra
- Mayor: Lucas Johnson
- The Wichita Land Bank currently holds two properties at the northwest intersection of 9th and Ash streets. Lots 8-9-10, 9th Street, together with Lots 11-12-13 and the south half of Lot 15, Morris Avenue, Mc Intyre & Steel's Sub to the City of Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas
November - WLB Board of Trustees Meeting
Please either join us in person in the City Hall Board Room, or virtually by connecting to the Microsoft Teams meeting link found below or calling in. City Hall is located at 455 N. Main St. Wichita, KS 67202.
November 2023 WLB Microsoft Teams Meeting
November 8, 2023 | 1:30-3 p.m.
October - WLB Board of Trustees Meeting
Miss the October 2023 WLB Board of Trustees Meeting? No worries. A recording of the meeting can be found below.