Sign In

Traffic Diversion

If you have been charged with a traffic infraction, you may be eligible to participate in the Traffic Diversion Program ONLY IF:

  • You have NOT had a conviction for a moving violation; amendment from a moving to a non-moving violation, or participated in a traffic diversion for a moving violation in this or any other state or municipality within the last six months from the date of issuance of your current citation. If you have previously participated in a traffic diversion program, you must have successfully completed the program prior to receiving your current citation.
  • Citations for Speeding will ONLY be accepted for Diversion if the ticket is not more than 25 MPH over the posted speed limit.
  • Citations for Speeding in School and Construction Zones will ONLY be accepted for Diversion if the ticket is NOT more than 15 MPH over the posted speed limit.
  • You HAVE a valid driver's license; those with a Commercial Driver's License are NOT eligible for Diversion.
  • You HAVE current liability insurance.
  • Your citation did NOT result in or arise out of an accident.​
  • You MUST apply for Diversion within thirty (30) days after the issuance of your citation, and pay the $25.00 non-refundable application fee, and answer COMPLETELY all questions on the application. Failure to do so will result in denial of your application or delay in the court date. Please make check payable to Municipal Court Clerk.

Application forms and detailed information sheets are available in the Municipal Court Clerk's Office or you may download and print the information sheet and application form here.​

Traffic Diversion Application

Bring the completed form to:

Municipal Court Clerk's Office
455 N Main, 2nd Floor
Wichita, KS 67202

Traffic Diver​sion Application - EnglishTraffic Diver​sion Application - Spanish