Shape the Future of the Park and Rec. Dept.
The public is encouraged to attend a community meeting to give input on future Park and Recreation Department services. Meetings will be held from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., Thurs. Oct. 7, Tues. Oct. 11, and Thurs. Oct. 14. Meeting locations are listed below. Childcare will be provided.
The meetings will provide background information on each of the recreation facilities. Participants will also be asked to share their thoughts and ideas about which services Park and Rec. should offer during round table discussions. They will be asked for feedback on a variety of topics including classes, building usage, fees, hours of operation and new services. Wichita State University, Center for Urban Studies staff will facilitate the discussions.
“It’s very important residents attend these meetings so we can find out which services are important to them,” said Doug Kupper, Director of Park and Recreation.” Their feedback will help us develop a plan to better serve them through our neighborhood recreation centers.”
Due to the current economic situation of the City Of Wichita, it has been determined that the Department of Park and Recreation will undergo extensive restructuring.
The meeting schedule is listed below.
Thursday, October 7 - 6:30-8:30 PM
- McAdams Recreation Center1329 East 17th
- Osage Recreation Center2121 West 31st South
- Linwood Recreation Center1901 South Kansas
Monday, October 11 - 6:30-8:30 PM
- Atwater/Lynette Woodard Neighborhood City Hall2755 East 19th North
- Aley/Stanley Recreation Center1749 South Martinson
- Colvin Recreation Center2820 South Roosevelt
- Evergreen Recreation Center2700 North Woodland
Thursday, October 14 - 6:30-8:30 PM
- Edgemoor Recreation Center5815 East 9th
- Boston Recreation Center6655 East Zimmerly
- Orchard Recreation Center4808 West 9th
Download the Park & Recreation Community Meetings Flyer.