Wichita Park & Recreation is hosting an end-of -the-summer event - Pirates in the Park – which is scheduled from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. on Thursday at Naftzger Park, 601 E. Douglas .
Enjoy performances on the pirate stage throughout the evening, interact with local pirate enthusiasts, observe fencers demonstrate sword skills and practice Boffer Combat with padded, foam swords. Additional youth activities include a treasure hunt, walking the plank and other fun lawn games. The event is free, attendees are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs.
The schedule for the evening includes:
• 6:45 p.m. Belly Dancers from Amira Dance Productions;
• 7:15 p.m. Soapy the Magician;
• 7:45 p.m. Roscoe and Rose Red comedy routine;
• 8:15 p.m. Phlox Kansas fire dancers and fire eaters; and
• 8:45 p.m. The ScallyWags pirate comedy show.
Wichita Park & Recreation supports 127 parks, eight recreation centers, nine swimming pools, 52 athletic fields, five golf courses, six interactive fountains, numerous adult and youth-based activities and athletics programs and 407 acres of rights-of-way.