Don't miss the opportunity to save on new, high-efficiency appliances! The 2018 Water Conservation Rebate Program will end soon, but there is still time to submit an application for qualifying products. Applications will be accepted at Environmental Health, 1900 E. 9th Street North, through the end of the year or until all funding is exhausted. Additional program details available below and at SaveWichitaWater.com.
Program Details: Application for rebate must be postmarked no later than 90 days after purchase of the qualified product or up until the end of the year, whichever comes first. Eight devices and appliances are eligible for rebates. There is a limit of five rebated items per water customer account. Rebates will not exceed the purchase price. The City strongly recommends bringing a printout of the qualifying appliances for reference when shopping. Detailed program requirements and lists of qualifying items are available at SaveWichitaWater.com, but general guidelines and eligible items are listed below.
Eligible for Up to:
- $100 on Low flow Toilets: WaterSense qualified using 1.28 gallons per flush or less
- $100 on Low flow Urinals: WaterSense qualified using 0.5 gallons per flush or less
- $100 on High-Efficiency Dishwashers: Energy Star or Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE)
- $100 on High-Efficiency Clothes Washers: Water Factor of 4.5 gallons or less (CEE rated)
- $100 on Smart Irrigation Controllers: Labeled as approved by WaterSense©
- $100 on Rain Sensor-Shutoffs: Set to shut off irrigation after ¼-inch of rain is received
- $75 on Rain Barrels: 45 gallons or larger
- $50 on Dual Flush Toilet Conversion Kits: Change inefficient toilets to using 1.6 gals. per flush or less
Rebates are available to all customers having active accounts with the City of Wichita Public Works and Utilities for the delivery of potable water. The application and submittal instructions are available at SaveWichitaWater.com. Customers are encouraged to contact the Water Conservation office at 268-8351 or email WaterRebate@wichita.gov for more information.