Sign In


State Licensed Food Establish​ment Inspections

The City of Wichita Food Protection Program is no longer contracted by Kansas Department of Agriculture to inspect state licensed food establishments. If you have any questions regarding these establishments, please contact:

Kansas Department of Agriculture
Food Safety and Lodging
1320 Research Park Dr, 2nd Floor
Manhattan, KS 66502

P: (785) 564-6767
F: (785) 564-6779
Email Steve Moris, Program Manager​

Enforcement of ​​Grocery, Tobacco, Grease and Food Handler Ordinances

The City of Wichita Environmental Health Division will continue to enforce City of Wichita Grocery, Tobacco, Grease and Food Handler Ordinances.

Food Handler Classes

Food handler cards are required for all persons working or volunteering in a food service establishment in Wichita (Chapter 7.20 of the Municipal Code of the City of Wichita). Other cities or counties may have differing requirements.


The Tobacco program regulates the sale of tobacco products to underage customers.

​Measure ​2016 Final
​Compliance rate - refusal to sell to minors ​91%
​Compliance checks conducted ​323
​Citations issued ​​30


It's Everybody's Business Kansas Smoke-Free


If you have a complaint about tobacco sales to underage customers, please contact Tom Vanatta.

Email Tom Vanatta​​​​

Food & Tobacco Licensing

Food Inspectors

To reach a specific inspector, send an email or call.

​Inspector ​Zip Codes ​Email ​Phone
​Tom Vanatta ​67204, 67205, 67209, 67212, 67215, 67223, 67227, 67235 Email Tom​ ​(316) 268-8351
​Jesse Nichols ​67206, 67207, 67210, 67218, 67221, 67226, 67228, 67230, 67232 Email Jesse ​​(316) 268-8351
​Remilde Schotsborg ​67203, 67208, 67214, 67219, 67220, 67260​ ​Email Remilde ​​(316) 268-8351
​Correl Soto ​67202, 67211, 67213, 67216, 67217 ​Email Correl​ ​​(316) 268-8351

​​License Applications and Information Sheets​​

​Information about Food (Grocery) Establishment and Tobacco licenses are located on our Business Licenses website.​ Click a button to view the license application and information sheet.

Food (Grocery) Establishment LicenseTobacco License