Boating and Access
The Arkansas River Access Coalition, a consortium of municipalities, counties, and various user groups, has united to develop 120 miles of the Arkansas River into a recreational amenity that will draw users from all around the region.
Desired recreational uses include, but are not limited to, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, biking, wildlife viewing, fishing, and hunting. To achieve this objective, a Master Plan has been created as a blueprint for developing access points at desired intervals in a way that is both cost-effective and protective of the Arkansas River's natural amenities and character.
- Protect the natural amenities and character of the Arkansas River corridor.
- Develop a Master Plan for recreational river access.
- Develop access point types and supporting facilities.
- Develop prioritized list of access points
- Build public awareness and support for the project's vision
Available for download: ARCAP Master Plan ARCAP Brochure