Stormwater Management's mission is to protect the health, safety, and welfare of our citizens by providing adequate drainage and flood control within the community and to reduce the pollution of our nation's waterways by implementing a comprehensive Stormwater quality management program.
Ever wonder what the ERU on your water bill even means or what it is you are really paying for? Here is a quick rundown:
- ERU - Equivalent Residential Unit
- Impervious Area - Any hard surface area that prevents water runoff from entering the soil under natural conditions.
- Residential Units pay $2.00 on every water bill. Commercial Units pay $2.00 per every 2,139 sf of impervious area the site has.
- The ERU fee helps to fund the Stormwater Utility and maintain the entire drainage system throughout the City of Wichita.
- The stormwater ERU fee applies to all residential properties, even if they don't have water or sanitary sewer service.
Stormwater Project Plans
Do you need to obtain a project plan and other documents? The searchable database contains subdivision drainage and master grading.
Look up stormwater project plans