101 S St. Francis, 67202 | .88 acres
A mini-park, acquired in 1980, located in the heart of downtown Wichita containing many beautiful flowers, trees and shrubs, and grass accenting the waterfall that flows into a pond. Park benches and a gazebo add to the park's Victorian style as well as providing a quiet haven in the downtown area.
Maurice Clifford Naftzger came to Wichita as a child in the boom year of 1887. His father Levi S. Naftzger eventually became President of the Fourth National Bank from 1893-1910. Upon his retirement, Levi sold his interest in the bank to Ben McLean. He then helped organize Southwest National Bank in 1915 and served as President. Levi died January 15, 1933. M.C. grew up in the banking business and worked with his father in both banks. M.C. became President of Southwest National Bank in 1934 and died in 1972. The park was built and named M.C. Naftzger Memorial Park in 1977-78 as a bequest from the Naftzger family.
Gazebo | Picnic Tables | Decorative Water Fountain