The Wichita Street Safety Education Initiative will develop a strategy for future safety outreach efforts. The civic initiative will provide opportunities for interested individuals to become certified to teach bicycling classes. The project will also create and implement a training module for City staff. It is anticipated that the planning process will last approximately one year. The City of Wichita project is made possible by grant funding from the Kansas Health Foundation.
Technical Advisory Committee
This committee includes representatives from a variety of organizations (listed below). The committee provides local technical expertise and guidance for the project.
- City of Wichita Police Department
- City of Wichita Public Works & Utilities Department
- Wichita-Sedgwick County Metropolitan Area Planning Department
- Wichita Transit
- Wichita Park & Recreation Department
- Wichita Communications Team
- Sedgwick County Health Department
This team consists of staff from the Wichita-Sedgwick County Metropolitan Area Planning Department and Alta Planning + Design. The team is responsible for facilitating the meetings, conducting data collection and technical analysis, coordinating the training events, and writing the project documents.