The Wichita Police Department's mission is to provide professional and ethical public safety services in partnership with citizens to identify, prevent and solve the problems of crime, fear of crime, social disorder and neighborhood decay, thereby improving the quality of life in our community.
- We maintain the trust of the community through honesty, compassion and fairness.
- We adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional conduct.
- We respect the rights of all citizens and employees.
Protecting the Community
- We recognize our primary responsibility is the protection of life and property.
- We are responsive to the behavior and conditions that lead to crime and the fear of crime.
- We understand that training and technology are critical elements of effective crime prevention strategies.
- We appreciate our differences and recognize that unique skills, knowledge and backgrounds bring strength to the community.
- We aspire to create a police department that reflects our community.
- We embrace and include our community by seeking their input and responding to their concerns.
- We work in partnership with the community to identify and resolve problems.
- We encourage innovation, creativity and positive thinking.
- We are open, receptive and willing to adapt to our dynamic community.