Here is the process to begin your exciting career!
- Create an account through Human Resources to begin the application process.Create an account
- Complete aptitude test for Police Recruit. Contact City of Wichita Human Resources at (316) 268-4531 to schedule the test.
- Complete the First Contact Questionnaire, or print it off and return it to:
Wichita-Sedgwick County Law Enforcement Training Center
2235 W 37th Street N
Wichita, KS 67204
Complete the First Contact Questionnaire
- Pre-employment staff will perform a background check.
- Selected candidates will be contacted to set up a first contact interview with a member of the pre-employment section.
- The physical agility test is the next step in the process. Please print off the Physical Fitness Packet. The physical agility test is given every Wednesday at 9:00am at the Wichita-Sedgwick County Law Enforcement Training Center.
Print off Physical Fitness Packet
- Recruitment staff will schedule your oral board interview. After successful completion of the oral board interview, you will be placed on an eligibility list.
- The next three steps include a polygraph examination, home interview, and command staff interview.
- The final three steps include a psychological examination, physical examination, and Cooper's Run - 1.5 mile run in 14 minutes or less.
Out of State Applicants
Out of state applicants will go through the same application process, but we will attempt to minimize required travel to Wichita. If you have any questions, call the pre-employment section at (316) 660-3810.
If you are interested in receiving Veteran's Preference, you must submit your DD 214 during your first contact interview at the Training Center. Qualified veterans are guaranteed an interview for a position for which they apply and meet the qualifications for the position, but are not guaranteed to be hired for the job. Spouses of veterans may also receive preference, and must submit a copy of their marriage license with the DD 214 paperwork.