Providing Resources & Opportunities for Proprietors, Entrepreneurs and Lenders
- Encourage business ownership and self-employment as a means of economic self-sufficiency for low- and moderate-income individuals.
- Bridge the gap for businesses that might eventually qualify for bank financing and assist in preparing businesses for traditional bank relationships.
- Spur job creation and retention for low- and moderate-income residents of the community who are employees of participating small businesses.
- Promote entrepreneurship and business innovation as a means of harnessing the creative potential of small businesses and investing in the economic success of the community.
Requirements for PROPEL Loans
- Find out if your business is eligible for the PROPEL loan program and understand the criteria that drive the loan approvals
PROPEL Program Description (PDF)
- Learn how to complete the PROPEL Application
PROPEL Application Guide (PDF)
- Read the FAQs (PDF)
How to Apply for a PROPEL Loan
To apply for a PROPEL loan the business must be located within the City of Wichita, fill out the program application, and provide the required business documentation.
- Online Application
- PROPEL Application (PDF)
- Modified Income Statement (XLS)
- Application Checklist (PDF)
- Email Help Desk
- Aplicacion en Español (PDF)
- Estados de Ingresos Modificados (XLS)
- Lista de Verificación de Aplicacion (PDF)
- Mostrador de Ayuda
Applications can be completed online or downloaded as a PDF and printed.
Completed forms must be either mailed to Wichita City Hall or hand delivered to the ﬁrst ﬂoor Information Desk at City Hall to the attention of PROPEL Loan Program by 5 pm on the 30th day of each month. Completed forms will NOT be accepted at the libraries or Neighborhood Centers.
City of Wichita
Attn: PROPEL Loan Program
455 N Main
Wichita, KS 67202
Hannah Thompson's Reel Photography studio and Selfie Museum, located on Douglas across from East High, was funded in PROPEL's initial round.
"This is my first time having a business loan and the process has been easy."
The PROPEL Help Desk with the NetWork Kansas Referral Center can answer questions regarding eligibility and the application process. The PROPEL Help Desk is available at 877-521-8600 to respond to inquiries on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm.
Help spread the word about PROPEL with informational flyers and social media.