Claim for Damages

If you believe the City of Wichita is at fault for an incident or accident resulting in loss, damage or injury to you or your property, then you may file a Claim for Damages. The Claim for Damages form is available to download from the City of Wichita's website, or you may call the Law Department at 316-268-4681 to request that a form be mailed to you.

It is to your advantage to provide copies of all supporting documentation with your claim, including invoices, paid receipts, bills, estimates, and photos. Failure to complete the form in its entirety, to sign, or to provide the necessary documentation could result in denial of your claim.

Once your claim has been received, it will be investigated by the City of Wichita. The City's Law Department will notify you in writing of the outcome, which may be one of the following:

  1. Denial - There was no negligence by the City of Wichita based on the evidence and applicable law.
  2. Offer - The City of Wichita will offer a payment for the claim.
  3. Another resolution as the facts of the claim may dictate.


Disclaimer: The City of Wichita is providing this information as a public service, and it is not intended as legal advice. The City of Wichita recommends you seek the advice of a competent attorney at your own expense for assistance with your claim.

View All