Animal Collector

Any person engaged in the business of collection of dead animals, dead fowl, or all meat scraps, bones, suet, unrendered animal fat and waste cooking greases in the city.

Animal Exhibition, Petting Zoo & Rodeo

Any person engaged in the business or operation of an animal exhibition, event or show, petting zoo, or rodeo on any premises or in any building or structure within the city.

Animal Maintenance Permit

An Animal Maintenance Permit is required if a person residing in the City of Wichita wishes to keep more than 2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 fowl, or 1 livestock animal such as a cow, a horse, a sheep, or a goat. No more than three kinds of animals may be maintained at the same location within the city limits. For livestock, the neighbors shall sign the Waiver for Animal Maintenance Permit - Neighbor Agreement if in agreement to allow the applicant to have the animal(s) listed adjacent to the property.

Dangerous Dog Registration

Any person who wants to keep a dog deemed dangerous by the City of Wichita must microchip and register their dog.

Dog Breeder License

Any person who owns, keeps or harbors a dog within the city limits of Wichita for breeding purposes is required to have a license.

Dog License

The owner or harborer of a dog over five months old, within the city limits of Wichita, is required to obtain a dog license every year. All dogs must be vaccinated for rabies by a licensed veterinarian at least every three years. However, a new vaccination tag must be assigned to the dog by the veterinarian each year.

See veterinarian for license form.