Correctional Placement Residence
- "Alternative Correctional Housing" means residential facilities for individuals or offenders who require a more structured, supervised residential living environment than independent living. This community-based living arrangement is an alternative to incarceration in either state penal institutions or the Sedgwick County Jail.
- "Correctional Placement Residence" means a facility for individuals or offenders that provides residential and/or rehabilitation services for those who reside or have been placed in such facilities due to any one of the following situations: (1) prior to, or instead of, being sent to prison; (2) received a conditional release prior to a hearing; (3) as a part of a local sentence of not more than one year; (4) at or near the end of a prison sentence, such as a state-operated or franchised work release program, or a privately operated facility housing parolees; (5) received a deferred sentence and placed in facilities operated by community corrections; or (6) require court-ordered guidance services for alcohol or chemical dependence.
Any person engaged in any personal service home occupation on property that is zoned residential in the City.
Manufactured Homes & Recreational Vehicles
- Camp - Camp means a recreational vehicle campground.
- Manufactured Home - Manufactured home means a structure that is subject to the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974, 42 USC. S4501, et seq that is designed to be used as a dwelling when connected to the required utilities, and includes the plumbing, heating, air conditioning and electrical systems contained therein.
- Mobile Home - Mobile home means a movable detached single-family dwelling unit manufactured prior to 1976 and is not subject to the National Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974, 42 USC. S4501, et seq. Such units shall provide all of the accommodations necessary to be a dwelling unit and shall be connected to the utilities in conformance with all of the applicable regulations.
- Recreational Vehicle - Recreational vehicle means a unit designed as temporary living quarters for recreational, camping or travel use; units may have their own power, or be designed to be drawn or mounted on an automotive vehicle. (Includes: motor homes, travel trailers, truck campers, camping trailers, converted buses, house boats or other similar units).
Please contact Zoning at 316-660-1840.