View All

Keep Your Receipts

While the Municipal Court is a criminal court and therefore limited to the amount of restitution it can award a victim, if documentation is provided, the Prosecutor assigned to the case will ask the judge to make restitution part of the sentencing. The Prosecutor's Office can never guarantee a judge will order the restitution, but if we have it, we will show the documentation and ask. Restitution is limited to the out of pocket expenses you incurred as a result of this accident. If damages in the case exceed, or are not of the type typically ordered in Municipal Court, you still retain your rights to pursue a civil action against the other party for those claims through Sedgwick County District Court.