Hazardous Response

Spills, discharges, and emergency releases of a hazardous material can cause serious harm to public health and the environment. Federal and state laws require federal and/or state agencies to be notified in the event of an accidental spillage of any materials that may pollute water, air, or soil.

Report Spills

The State of Kansas has created a single hotline for Spill and Hazard reporting. This number is to be used for reporting all spills and hazards. Depending on the nature of the spill or hazard, the call will automatically be forwarded to the appropriate state agency.

To report spills, contact:

Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE)
Phone: 785-291-3333
Email the KDHE Spill Hotline
Kansas Spill Response Program Website