The Central Northeast Area Plan Update (CNE Area Plan) was developed by twelve neighborhood associations, two housing development organizations, and other area non-profits to guide the revitalization of the area.
In response to public input and feedback, the City of Wichita is undertaking a civic initiative for College Hill stakeholders to develop a plan for College Hill Neighborhood.
Delano is one of the oldest, most well established neighborhoods in the City of Wichita, and is located to the immediate west of the downtown area of Wichita.
The Derby Mulvane Joint Area Plan is a guide for the area located between the City of Derby and City of Mulvane, bounded by the Derby City limits and 87th Street to the north; 127th Street to the east; a half mile south of 103rd Street and the Mulvane City limits; and the Arkansas River to the west.
Located roughly between Washington Avenue and Olive Avenue, the East Douglas Corridor is home to many places to live, work, shop, and have fun.
The purpose of this neighborhood plan is to develop a strategic plan for the Historic Midtown Neighborhood that addresses key issues and concerns regarding the conservation a revitalization of the area.
In 2018, residents of the Northeast Heights Neighborhood Association, in concert with their 1st District Council Representative, expressed concerns about the possible negative impacts of commercial land uses adjacent to residential property in their neighborhood.
In late 2008, Wichita Mayor Carl Brewer attended dozens of meetings throughout the community to discuss a vision of creating a downtown that is "Everybody's Neighborhood", a vibrant community gathering place that connects the Old Town District, the new Intrust Bank Arena and Riverfront improvements including the Wichita WaterWalk and the Museum District.
In 2006, the Wichita City Council adopted the South Central Neighborhood Plan. It was developed over a year-long planning process, with several opportunities for public input including a community survey and steering committee.
- 21st North Corridor Revitalization Plan (PDF)
- 47th to 55th Street South Joint Area Plan (PDF)
- Arena Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan (PDF)
- Center City Neighborhood Revitalization Plan (PDF)
- Douglas Avenue Corridor Transit Oriented Development Study (PDF)
- Hilltop Neighborhood Plan (PDF)
- K-96 Corridor Economic Development Plan (PDF)
- McAdams Neighborhood Revitalization Plan (PDF)
- McConnell AFB Joint Land Use Study (PDF)
- Nomar Branding and Architecture (PDF)
- NOMAR Feasibility Study (PDF)
- North Old Town Public Infrastructure Assessment (PDF)
- Oaklawn-Sunview Neighborhood Revitalization Plan (PDF)
- South Wichita-Haysville Area Plan (PDF)