Summer of Discovery
Register between March 1-15 for a chance to win a FREE week of camp!
Discover how much fun summer can be with this action-packed summer camp program for ages 6 to 12! Each week in this nine-week program is designed with fun in mind! Our KDHE-licensed camps include a variety of field trips, sports, games, contests, crafts, swimming, and much more! Sign up for one week or sign up for them all!
Program Dates & Hours
- Camp runs May 28 through July 26, Monday through Friday from 7 am to 6 pm.
- Core activities take place 9 am to 4 pm.
Summer of Discovery is licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and is open to children ages 6 to 12.
All site directors have a Bachelor's Degree or comparable experience in recreation, education, or a related field. All staff members attend training each year in compliance with the KDHE regulations. A ratio of 1 counselor to 15 children is maintained at all times.
How to Register
Follow the steps below to register your kiddo for camp!
To reserve your spot for Summer of Discovery, pay a deposit now for each week of camp you are planning to attend. Deposits are non-refundable.
Watch for an email from ePACT to set up your account, then complete information form.
What is ePACT
Wichita Park & Recreation is proud to announce the adoption of ePACT Network, a health and safety software to better support all our members and make it easier to submit critical data securely!
ePACT is a secure digital solution that allows you to quickly share the health and emergency information we need, and provides us with powerful communication tools to ensure we have a way to message you in the event of an illness, injury, or larger scale emergency.
Why Are We Using ePACT
- To save you time - With ePACT, you only need to complete your child’s information once, and then verify that it is still correct for additional programs or subsequent years (which can be done in just two minutes)! And if you need to update something quickly, just log in and update it and we'll be notified immediately.
- To eliminate high-touch processes- Collecting data electronically and checking members in /out using contactless methods that ePACT offers means a significant reduction in close human contact and shared items like pens and paper sheets.
- For better security & privacy- ePACT's high encryption levels and commitment to security means your data on ePACT is safer than on paper- where it can be misplaced or accessible to people who shouldn't have access to it. ePACT allows us to limit and track access.
How It Works
- You’ll receive an email invite to share information with Wichita Park & Recreation
- Click ‘Complete Request’ to create a free account, or log-in if you already have an existing ePACT account.
- Enter the required information, like medical conditions, and share it with Wichita Park & Recreation so that program staff have access.
ePACT makes it far easier for you to share emergency information with us, while also ensuring we have access to records anytime, anywhere with the mobile app – even without an internet connection.
Rest assured that you always own your account and the information in it. Have questions or feedback? Please visit www.epactnetwork.com.
- $135 per child, per week (fee includes $20 weekly deposit)
- DCF assistance is accepted. Contact DCF directly to determine if you qualify
- $10 per week discount for the second
- $20 per week discount for the third and subsequent child
- Discounts apply to immediate family members only
5815 E 9th (67208)
1901 S Kansas (67211)
4808 W 9th (67212)