Becky Tuttle was elected as the council member to District 2 in 2019. Tuttle has over twenty years of professional experience engaging community partners through grassroots local coalition efforts focusing on tobacco, physical activity, healthy eating, oral health, fetal infant mortality and worksite wellness. The majority of the experience has focused on policy and environmental changes to improve the health of the community.
Tuttle is a solution-focused executive with a comprehensive background in membership development, program management, fiscal accountability and partnership maintenance within the community, public health and clinical care. Tuttle served on City of Wichita District II Advisory Board since 2016 and was Chairperson in 2018. In addition, Tuttle served on the City of Wichita Park Foundation Board, City of Wichita Sister City Board, Open Streets ICT Executive Committee and 2019 american League of Cities All-American City Award Planning Committee. Tuttle also secured funding to implement Bike Share ICT, a 200 bicycle fleet system that serves way to attract and retain young talent to the community.
Tuttle has a Master of Arts from Appalachian State University in Student Development Administration and a Bachelor of Science from the University of South Dakota in Psychology and Alcohol and Drug Abuse Studies.
In addition, Tuttle is a Kansas Public Health Leadership Institute Scholar, Advance Kansas graduate, Dental Champion, Kansas Leadership Center Champion, Leadership Wichita participant, and Leadership Kansas nominee. Tuttle has led a grassroots initiative to educate the community on the important role that health and public health plays in the community's vitality, including the development and implementation of a Public Health Sister City Site Visit. Ms. Tuttle is also intricately involved in promoting civic engagement and implemented a "Vote Like a Mother" campaign in the fall of 2016 to encourage young mothers to vote in the upcoming elections.
Tuttle has been a Wichita resident for 17 years and is married to Patrick Tuttle. They enjoy traveling, walking, reading, going to movies and exploring Wichita's many amenities.
- Kansas Public Health Association Board of Directors as Past President
- Tobacco Free Kansas Coalition President
- Health Alliance Past Chair
- Health and Wellness Coalition of Wichita Past Chair
- WSU Public Policy and Management Center Advisory Board member
- Tobacco Free Wichita Coalition member
- WorkWell Kansas Advisory Board
- Bike Walk Wichita member
- Wichita Aero Club Gala Co-Chair for five years, raising funds for scholarships awarded to students interested in a career in aerospace
- Master of Arts from Appalachian State University in Student Development Administration
- Bachelor of Science from the University of South Dakota in Psychology and Alcohol and Drug Abuse Studies
- District II Council Member
- Former City of Wichita District II Advisory Board member since 2016, serving as Chairperson in 2018
- City of Wichita Park Foundation Board
- City of Wichita Sister City Board
- Open Streets ICT Executive Committee
- 2019 American League of Cities All-American City Award Planning Committee
- Arts Council Board
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Coalition
- National Baseball Congress Board of Directors
- Wichita Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (WAMPO)
- South Central Kansas Transportation Coalition
- Sedgwick County Association of Cities
- Plastic bag committee
If you would like to have Becky Tuttle appear at your function, please fill out the Request an Appearance online form.
A scheduling assistant will contact you to follow up with your request. Please request appearances a minimum of two weeks prior to your event.