Colvin Neighborhood Resource Center
The Colvin Neighborhood Resource Center provides a wide array of services. In addition to City services, it is an excellent source of information. You can find out what is occurring in your City Council District and/or neighborhood and learn how you can get involved.
The Colvin staff is available to help you navigate City services; whether it is a housing issue, potholes in the street, or animal issues - we are here to help serve you and answer your questions.
The Neighborhood Resource Center can also help you access your City Council Member and make sure that your representative is aware of your concerns.
Meet Becca Johnson, Community Services Representative
The Community Service Representative is available to respond to neighborhood concerns and help with problem-solving. Also serves as a liaison to the District 3 City Council representative.
Meet Merary Trevino, Administrative Aide
The Administrative Aide is available to provide resources and community assistance.
All services are free and include:
- 7 public computers with internet access and limited printing
- Faxing and copying
- Public notary
- Housing Kiosk to apply for or check the status of Housing programs
- Bilingual staff fluent in Spanish and Vietnamese
- Assistance in accessing community resources
- Community Services Representative is able to respond to all neighborhood concerns and serves as a liaison to the District 3 Council Member and all City departments
- 1 small conference room (10 people) is available to use as meeting space (by appointment/schedule only)
An outstation DCF worker is available to meet with clients on an appointment basis. The DCF program consultant can assist individuals with applying for financial, food, and childcare assistance and help with KanCare (Medicaid) applications. Email consultant John Nguyen or call 316-303-8082.
Other City Department Services
- Park and Recreation offers a before/after school program and summer camp at Colvin Elementary
- Metropolitan Area Building and Construction Department (MABCD) neighborhood inspectors for District 3 office out of Colvin
- Meet with the District 3 Council Member (by appointment)
- Meet with Becca Johnson, District 3 Community Services Representative
- A WSU TRIO-EOC representative hosts free workshops throughout the year
- AARP tax volunteers are available by appointment throughout the year
- SCHD community health worker available during mobile food pantries
- Other various community partners offer workshops and events throughout the year
Special Community Programs Offered Annually
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) applications (January through March 31)
- AARP tax assistance (February through April 15)
- Filling the Gap free lunch program for youth (spring break and last 2 weeks of summer)
- Operation Holiday registration (November)
- H2O Water Bill Rate Relief Program (December through January)
Becca JohnsonCommunity Services RepresentativePhone: 316-303-8030
Merary TrevinoAdministrative AidePhone: 316-303-8028
Colvin Neighborhood Resource CenterPhysical Address
2820 S Roosevelt
Wichita, KS 67210
2820 S Roosevelt Wichita KS 67210
Phone: 316-303-8029Fax: 316-858-7738
Monday through Thursday
8:30 am to 5:30 pm
8:30 am to 5 pm
Closed daily for lunch from noon to 1 pm