Wichita Park and Recreation enriches the lives of our senior citizens through community education, exercise, and entertainment that increases the quality of life! We offer programs and services with a focus on senior recreation that provides a fun, social, and active experience.
Golden Age Club
Golden Age Clubs offer a variety of activities and events for seniors to enjoy in social gatherings. Bring your friends or make new ones, there is something for everyone to enjoy! Check out the different offerings at each location!
704 W 13th Street North
- Interested in joining? Talk to President Shirley Simpson at 316-631-2968
- Play bridge every Thursday from 10 am to noon
Questions about bridge? Call Dee Stuart at 316-619-7800
- Dances are held every Thursday from 7 pm - 9:30 pm, $3 admission
Questions about a dance? Call Rita Foster at 316-364-1702
4808 W 9th Street
- Interested in joining? Talk to President Bob Winters at 316-680-1184
- Dances are held every Friday 7 pm to 9:30 pm, $3 admission
Questions about a dance? Call Casey Furnish at 316-706-7464
1901 S Kansas
- Interested in joining? Talk to First Vice President Jim Ruboyianes at 316-945-9451
- Dances are held every Saturday from 7 pm to 9:30 pm, $3 admission. Each dance features live music from different bands rotating weekly. Pre-packaged refreshments are served. Questions about a dance? Call Jim Ruboyianes at 316-945-9451
- Pitch Tournaments are held on Tuesdays from 12:15 pm to 2:15 pm. Pitch tournaments are not currently being held due to COVID-19
1340 S Pattie
- Dances are held every Wednesday from 7 pm to 9:30 pm, $3 admission. Each dance features live music from different bands rotating weekly. Refreshments are served
1329 E 16th Street
- The purpose of this club shall be to sponsor good fellowship and wholesome recreation for those who have reached the age of 55. This Golden Age Club plans trips traveling the country. They have visited New York City, Washington DC, Branson, and several other places! Get away and enjoy the experience with friends. For details call Kathy McClish at 316-518-0724
Active Adults (55+) Only Classes
The following classes have been tailored specifically to suit the fitness needs of the active older population ages 55 and up. They are also suitable for adults with mobility restrictions. Don't forget to check out other classes in the Adult section. Most are suitable for all levels of interest and ability as modifications are made to fit the varying needs of the students.
Walk at Recreation Centers
When the weather keeps you from wanting to walk outside but you still want to get those steps in, head over to a recreation center and walk indoors. There is no fee to come walk at any of our recreation centers!
Monday through Friday: 8 am to 9 am, 11 am to 1 pm
Monday and Wednesday: 9 am to 11:30 am and 1 pm to 3:30 pm
Monday through Friday: 9 am to noon
Monday: 11 am to 4 pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 11:30 am to 4 pm
Wednesday and Friday: 9 am to 4 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9 am to 11 am
Fitness Center Memberships
Wichita Park and Recreation offers four fully equipped fitness centers at Evergreen, Linwood, Lynette Woodard and Orchard Recreation Centers. With prices as low as $2 a visit or $15 a month, we can't be beat!
Senior Services is a private, non-profit, non-government organization that has made a positive difference in the lives of seniors of all ages since 1968. They provide recreation, life-enriching events, meaningful employment, caregiver support, health and nutrition, and much more. Whether it's a sports competition, mentor program, In-Home Respite Care, or Meals on Wheels, Senior Services helps you lead a more active and rewarding lifestyle. Senior Services offers a new beginning to individuals - one filled with adventure, happiness, and unlimited opportunities.