How to Report

Call 911. If you are a witness to a crime that is in progress, immediately call 911. Most crimes in progress are considered an emergency because a person or property is in danger. Under no circumstances should you put yourself in danger by approaching or chasing a suspect. Many times a suspect may be under the influence of drugs, intoxicated, or mentally impaired by other means and may have no regard for an innocent bystander or witness, particularly if this person has a weapon. Also, if you want an officer to come to your location for any reason, you will need to call 911. Officers can only be dispatched via 911 and the Sedgwick County dispatchers.