The City of Wichita is working to make getting around town on a bicycle or by foot easier, safer, and more convenient. You can utilize this page to find out the latest information about improvements, plans, maps, and much more.
Wichita Bicycle Plan
The City of Wichita is developing a new Wichita Bicycle Plan, which will update the 2013 Wichita Bicycle Master Plan.
Want to learn more or provide input? Check out the Wichita Bicycle Plan website.
Wichita Bicycling & Walking Updates
Sign up to receive Wichita Bicycling and Walking Updates! Join the emailing list.
- Is it against the law to ride my bicycle on the sidewalks in Wichita?
- Are you required to wear a helmet while riding a bicycle in Wichita?
- Are you allowed to ride a bicycle on the streets in Wichita?
- What is the best way to lock/securely park my bicycle?
- Are you required to obtain a bicycle license in Wichita?
- What should I do if my bicycle is stolen?
- Does the City require lights (front and rear) on a bicycle during the night?
The Wichita Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Board was created through Ordinance 49-411, approved by the City Council on February 5, 2013. Below are some brief highlights about the Board. More information about the Board is available by reading the Municipal Code.
Learn more about the different types of transportation facilities, markings and related signage that the City uses to help getting around our community on a bicycle easier, safer and more convenient.
Learn more about Wichita bicycling, walking and traffic-related laws and regulations.
Report an issue to the City of Wichita.
The City of Wichita maintains more than 100 miles of bicycle paths, lanes, and other bicycle facilities.
The City of Wichita is working to make bicycling and walking easier, safer, and more convenient. These efforts are guided by plans and policies.
The City is designing and constructing infrastructure projects to improve conditions for bicycling and walking in Wichita.