The Division of Arts & Cultural Services manages the day-to-day operations of CityArts, Mid-America All-Indian Museum and Old Cowtown Museum.
In addition to operating these arts and cultural facilities, the Division of Arts & Cultural Services is responsible for:
- Citywide Community Events
- Updates and implementation of the Cultural Plan
- Oversight of the Cultural Tourism Plan
- Staff support, assistance and meeting space to these groups that have an advisory connection to the City:
- The Arts Council and its Cultural Funding Subcommittee
- Art Advisory Board
- Design Council
- Boards of Trustees of Old Cowtown Museum and the Mid-America All-Indian Museum
While the division's work is on a local level, its strategic and longrange planning draws on information gathered from the national arts and culture landscape.
The Division of Arts & Cultural Services' connection to national organizations has also given local and regional arts organizations opportunities to speak with and attend presentations by noted professionals in the field.
The Division of Arts & Cultural Services offers a variety of programming and opportunities that are unique to each of its facilities. These programs are offered for free or priced at such a way to make them available to all citizens: youth, adults, seniors and special-needs populations.