Work is underway to transform the Evergreen Branch Library (located at 2601 N. Arkansas) into a new community center that will not only house the Library, but also the Evergreen Neighborhood Resource Center, Empower Evergreen and several other community organizations. The goal is to create a “one-stop shop” to fulfill community needs under one roof. We need your help creating a name for this new space.
You submitted naming recommendations to the Naming Advisory Committee, and they selected five recommendations for consideration. Below is a link to a ranked choice survey. Your task is to rank the five selected recommendations from one to five, one being the recommendation you like the best and five being the recommendation you like the least. These survey results will help guide the Naming Advisory Committee in selecting a final name for the community center.
The survey will close on August 31, 2021. The top recommendations will be discussed at the September 21 Library Board of Directors meeting. The final name will be taken to an October City Council meeting for approval.
Please note: the recommendation with the highest rank from the public does not constitute a winning selection by the Naming Advisory Committee.
Top five recommendations:
- El Norte (translates to “the north” in Spanish; the community center is located in the historic North End)
- Arteaga (for Cirilo Arteaga, a community member known for creating a recreation center in the El Pueblo neighborhood)
- El Pueblo (translates to “the village” in Spanish; the community center is located in the El Pueblo neighborhood of the North End)
- Evergreen (current name of the library and neighborhood resource center; exemplifies the idea of “always growing”)
- Adelante (translates to “go ahead” or “move forward” in Spanish; the resources and services provided in the community center will advance residents of the North End)
Fill out the Survey (English)Fill out the Survey (Spanish)