Wichita, Kansas offers a pro-business environment focused on attracting and growing businesses. The state of Kansas has long been known for its business-friendly, low-tax climate and offers a variety of benefits for companies that relocate or expand here.
Kansas Tax Quick Facts
- Kansas has the 13th lowest unemployment insurance tax rate in the nation per the Tax Foundation 2021 State Business Tax Climate Index.
- Business machinery and equipment newly purchased, leased or moved to Kansas is exempt from property tax.
- Commercial – industrial machinery and equipment is exempt from property tax.
- Kansas workers’ compensation rates are about 32% below the national average.
- Plus, the state DOES NOT levy the following taxes:
- Corporate franchise tax.
- Business inventory tax
- Kansas’ corporate tax rate is 7.00% — 4.00% of Kansas taxable net income plus 3.00% surtax (2011) on taxable net income in excess of $50,000. Only the proportion of net income generated within the state is subject to Kansas income tax.)
- Property taxes on all purchased business equipment receives 100% tax abatement
- Commercial property taxes equate to approximately 2.9% of property values in Wichita
- Residential property taxes equate to approximately 1.34% of home values in Wichita
Sales Tax Rate
|State of Kansas
|Total Sales Tax