Where are cases advertised for public hearing?

Cases are advertised in multiple ways:

  • Cases that are scheduled for a public hearing are advertised in the paper-of-record (the Wichita Eagle for cases in Wichita and the Derby Informer for cases in unincorporated Sedgwick County) 21 days prior to the public hearing.
  • Development Applications signs are also placed on the property announcing to the public that a zoning action has been requested on the site. These signs are required to be posted for at least 13 days immediately prior to the scheduled public hearing.
  • Public hearing items also require a notification letter to be sent to property owners around the subject property.
  • The agenda items are also listed in the Planning Commission agenda.

Show All Answers

1. Can I submit a Protest Petition for a rezoning application where the Planning Commission has recommended denial?
2. How are cases decided?
3. What does the Current Plans Division do?
4. What does the red Development Application sign in my neighborhood mean?
5. What if I object to the Planning Commission recommendation?
6. What is the Historic Preservation Board (HPB)?
7. What is the Metropolitan Area Planning Commission (MAPC)?
8. What is the purpose of a District Advisory Board (DAB) recommendation on a zoning case?
9. What is the purpose of a Metropolitan Area Planning Commission recommendation?
10. What is the Subdivision Committee?
11. What is the Wichita-Sedgwick County Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA)?
12. When and how would I make public comment on a zoning case?
13. When and where does the Planning Commission meet?
14. Where are cases advertised for public hearing?
15. Who receives a notification letter about a requested zoning action?
16. Why did I receive a letter from the Planning Department about a requested zoning action and what does it mean?
17. Do Subdivision Plats require Public Notification?