What if I need an interpreter?

If you are seeking restitution for damage to property or medical bills related to the crime that is charged, please provide our office with documentation of the amount requested. This may include medical bills or estimates completed by a handyman or auto shop. You may have received a Statement of Loss form with your letter that needs to be completed if you are requesting restitution. We must have this documentation prior to sentencing or disposition of the case. You may be required to attend court if the judge has any questions about the requested restitution.

Please return the Statement of Loss to your Victim/Witness Advocate as soon as possible!

If restitution is not ordered, you may have to seek restitution through the civil division of the Sedgwick County District Court. 18th Judicial District Court Small Claims

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if a crime occurs?
2. What is a subpoena?
3. If I get a subpoena, do I have to come to court?
4. Where do I park?
5. What is my role as a victim or witness?
6. How long will court take?
7. How many times will I have to go to court?
8. Can I drop charges?
9. Are children allowed in court?
10. How do I get / drop a No Contact Order?
11. What do I do if I am scared to be in the courtroom?
12. What if I need an interpreter?