An Entertainment Establishment license shall be required for any event center, any person or entity which provides entertainment as any single event, a series of events, or an ongoing activity or business, occurring alone or as part of another business, or any person or entity which provides a venue for any such entertainment to which the public is invited or allowed to watch, listen, or participate, or is conducted for the purposes of hold the attention of, gaining the attention of, or diverting or amusing patrons, including, but not limited to any of the following:
- Dancing by patron(s) to live or recorded music,
- The presentation of music played on sound equipment operated by an agent or contractor of the establishment, commonly known as ‘disc jockey’ or ‘DJ, or
- The presentation of live music whether amplified or unamplified, or
- The presentation of music videos, music concerts or other similar forms of musical entertainment from any source, or
- Any amusement or event such as live music or other live performance which is knowingly permitted by any Entertainment Establishment, including, but not limited to, presentations by single or multiple performers, such as hypnotists, pantomimes, comedians, dance arts, concerts, dances, live bands, karaoke or other live music.
Entertainment Establishment license does not include book readings, storytelling, or the playing of ambient music. An Entertainment Establishment license is not required for several other activities, as set forth in Section 3.30.050 of the City Code. This ordinance covers entertainment establishments, teen clubs, art galleries, coffee shops and musicstore/music only venues.
Entertainment Establishment Information Sheet Entertainment Establishment - Individual or Sole Proprietorship Application Entertainment Establishment - Partnership, Firm or Association Application Entertainment Establishment - Corporation or LLC Application