Sign In

Free Spaying and Neutering Service

Contact: Janet Johnson, Neighborhood Services |

Sedgwick County residents who meet income guidelines can register for free spaying and neutering for pets on June 26. Spayed or neutered pets will also receive a free rabies vaccination and micro-chipping and owners who reside in Wichita will receive a free City license (dogs only) for one year.

Registration is scheduled on the hour from 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday, June 26, at the Linwood Recreation Center, 1901 S. Kansas. Residents must bring the following income-verification items: copy of income for everyone in the household, copy of proof of address such as a utility bill and social security number and date of birth for each person living in the household. See income chart on Page 2.

The project is designed to help reduce the number of unwanted pets and euthanasia. In 2009, the City’s animal-control division housed 10,476 animals: 1,528 were returned to their owners, 2,641 were transferred to animal adoption groups and 6,307 (more than 60 percent) were humanely euthanized. Unwanted pets cost taxpayers approximately $240 an animal to pick up, board and euthanize, according to the latest animal-control data.

The project has added significance for owners of pit bulls; City law requires that pit bulls be spayed or neutered, vaccinated, micro-chipped and licensed. Owners who are not in compliance may be fined. The project is funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). For more information about the animal-control project, please call Colvin Neighborhood City Hall (303-8029) and for more information about the City’s Animal Services Division, please contact Don Henry at 268-8340.

Download the FREE Spay/Neuter Program Flyer.

City of Wichita logo

Visiting City Hall?

​City Hall
455​ N Main, 13th Floor
Wichita, KS 67202​

Where do I park?

Security Guidelines

City Hall Hours

8am - 5pm (M-F)

List of holiday ​closures

​Contact Us

Got a question? Chat live with a customer service rep

Website questions? Email the ​Webmaste​​r ​​​​​​

Media questions? Email City ​Communications