Available at Arthur B. Sim Golf Course Only
Golfers with disabilities may now more fully enjoy the game thanks to new handicap accessible golf carts. Two SoloRider golf carts, specifically designed for disabled golfers, are available for use at Arthur B. Sim Golf Course, 2020 W. Murdock. The single-rider golf carts have been tested by patrons at Sim for the past several months.
“It is a goal of the City of Wichita’s Park and Recreation Department to make all of its activities as open and accessible to everyone as possible,” said Doug Kupper, Director of Park and Recreation.
The carts may only be used by golfers with documented physical handicaps and are designed so they may play without leaving the cart seat.
Some of the features include:
- Seats that swivel and pivot to allow a player to remain attached to the cart to play a shot;
- Seat belt and chest harness to keep the player in the seat while the seat is extended;
- Canopy that swings out of the way to allow room for the club to swing;
- Dual hand grip power and braking;
- Specially designed tires to allow carts to be driven onto tees, greens, and into bunkers;
- Separate rack for crutches;
- Easy access to bag and clubs in front of the steering tiller bar.
The City of Wichita’s Public Works & Utilities Department, Law Department and Park and Recreation Department partnered to obtain the new golf carts.